CAUV Forestry Requirements
1. Noncommercial woodland is eligible for CAUV provided that it is contiguous to at least 10 acres of CAUV Cropland/Pasture area
2. Mixed use parcels with a combination of woodland and Cropland/Pasture
- Wooded area of more than 5 acres will require a Woodland Management Plan to be qualified as Commercial Timber. If the total farming unit is less than 10 acres, proof of income will also be required.
- Wooded area of less than 5 acres does not qualify for CAUV
3. Commercial Timber as the only agricultural use must be at least 10 acres to qualify and requires a Woodland Management Plan. Proof of income is not required.
For more details call the Wayne County Auditor's Office at 330.287.5432.